By the way, you can also reserve tickets through U2abel.com, but you’ll have to become a member of the fanclub.
HERE’S ONE WE MADE EARLIER . . .
You can influence the Grammy vote! No, really! Well, rollingstone.com’s running its own vote anyway.
Crowdsafe continues its Sorry, SFX and U2… series about festival `seating’. (Oh. Sorry, Crowdsafe, your site always crashes my browser.)
I LIKE THOSE ODDS
Grammies: place your bets. Does not include these odds:
- Number of U2 websites to exclusively host video of U2′s performance to exceed 23: 7-2
- Some U2 fans subsequently disappointed/concerned about state of Bono’s voice: 2-1
- Left with nowhere else to go outfit-wise, Britney Spears appears wearing two postage stamps and a beer coaster: 9-2
- A controversial rap artist will be a controversial no-show. The world will yawn with excitement: Evens.
- First US presidential election reference to appear before first ad break: 4-1.
U2 ON DVD
The two rumored U2 DVDs, “Best of 1980-1990″ and “PopMart” are now apparently official, you can pre-order them at Amazon.
We like the way Cathy has presented HER rather excellent photos of the Astoria gig. Remember, kids, no flash is good.
HOLMES SWEET HOME
The Aussie version of ‘Stuck In A Moment…’ also includes the David Holmes Remix of ‘Beautiful Day’. So unless you’re in the land of Oz you might not have had the chance in hearing it. Sounds more like an early demo version of the song or a really stripped back rock version by some garage band as opposed to your typical remix type thing. And well, me like it very much!
Anyway, ya wannit?
Thank you for visiting U2log.com today and your patronage over the last decade. The time has come for us to call it a day. So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye and thank you again.
PS, we may not be blogging here, but we're still somewhat active on Twitter and daily links should still appear on this page.
- Kein U2 Album 2014? March 8, 2014Gestern brach die Hölle über die U2 Fancommunity los als Billboard von U2s Plänen über das neue Album berichtete. Unter Berufung auf 'multiple sources' verkündigte das renommierte Magazin, es werde weder ein Album, noch eine Tour um Jahr 2014 geben, stattdessen sei alles auf 2015 verschoben worden. Während Danger Mouse ...
- Billboard: No U2 Album or Tour Until 2015 March 7, 2014Billboard magazine is out today with news that's sure to test the patience and loyalty of a lot of U2 fans: There will be no U2 album nor a tour until 2015. The reason? Well, none is definitively given. A Billboard source implies that U2 isn't happy with its current material: "That magic that the band always seems to capture ...
- 'As If It Was Yesterday...' March 7, 2014The U2 Playlist of Nick Stewart, who signed the band to Island Records. […]
- Like A Video: The Million Dollar Hotel/Invisible March 6, 2014[Ed. note: This is the 23rd in a series of essays by the @U2 staff about U2-related visuals and videos. Some essays may be informational and educational, while others may be more personal.] Our “Like A Video” segment usually highlights a music video or live concert footage, but this month I’m thinking about a movie that features the music of U2 and a screenp […]
- The Edge in Mario Batalis 'Feedback Kitchen' March 4, 2014Wie das Wall Street Journal berichtet (Link), möchte Dailymotion USA sein Angebot für amerikanische Zuschauer attraktiver machen und produziert daher eigene Serien. Eine dieser Serien wird die Sendung Feedback Kitchen mit dem Koch Mario Batali sein, die die Leidenschaften Musik und Essen miteinander verbinden möchte. ...