SLANE BY U2
MCD (Irish concert promotors) have announced U2 at Slane Castle on August 25. Tickets for the 10 hour, one day music festival are priced
If you’ve listened to Bono’s acceptance speech at the Brits you may have noticed him callling Chris Blackwell (founder of Island records) a ‘vampire’ in a Jamaican accent. In case you didn’t know… ‘Vampire’ is a song by the great Lee ‘Scratch’ Perry… who was convinced Blackwell was a bloodsucking fiend: “You know, that Chris Blackwell disgusts me, makes me want to vomit. He invited me to the opening of the Compass Point studio in Nassau and there I saw him drink the blood of a freshly killed chicken.” So now you know.
AUSSIES: 60 MINUTES
The Nine Network’s 60 Minutes is running promos for the Bono story — aired recently on 60 Minutes II in the US — for this Sunday evening.
….Not the toilet kind!
You can already buy the merchandise. And now for a limited time only, for the obsessive U2log fan who must have everything, the all new and exclusive U2log.com wallpaper! In two exciting desktop sizes!
[800x600] , [1024x768]
Yajur seems to have caught the U2log virus, he sent us this link to his handiwork.
Martin Kristiansen from Denmark reports: You can buy generel admission to the shows in Copenhagen at www.billetnet.dk but obviously not yet!
WATCH THE BRITS
MSN are showing live footage backstage at the Brits and boast “an utterly exclusive talk with U2″. Starts at 3 p.m. GMT. [ thanks Allard ]
More Brits at the official site. Cor, blimey.
We’ve read reports that Amazon has cancelled orders for the 2 DVDs that were set for release. Here’s their comment:
We are sorry to report that the releases of the following items have been cancelled:
U2(Primary Contributor) “Popmart”
U2(Primary Contributor) “Best of U2-1980-1990″
Though we had expected to be able to send these items to you, we’ve since found that they will not be released after all. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience we have caused you.
EUROS WATCH YOUR MAILBOX
The ticket ordering forms for the European Tour will be sent out WITH the latest issue of Propaganda , soon to arrive in your mailbox. If you’re a subscriber, of course. [ source: Cecilia/Propaganda, via U2Vlaanderen ]
Also, reader Flodd tells us: according to SKY magazine (the one you get for free when you subscribe to SKY TV in the UK) tickets for the UK Elevation tour go on sale on March 8th and if you have Sky Digital you can buy them online before the general release.
Thank you for visiting U2log.com today and your patronage over the last decade. The time has come for us to call it a day. So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye and thank you again.
PS, we may not be blogging here, but we're still somewhat active on Twitter and daily links should still appear on this page.
- VIDEO: U2 Pays Tribute to Mike Peters & The Alarm April 21, 2014U2 will show up this week in a pre-taped BBC Radio Wales special in honor of the 30th anniversary of The Alarm's album, Declaration. If you follow us on Twitter, you may have seen some of the tweets back on April 11 about U2's brief video that was played during the taping of the concert special. The BBC made that video available for all to see now […]
- Poll Results: Most Fans Say U2 Has 2 Albums Left Max April 21, 2014U2 fans aren't optimistic about the band having many more studio albums left in their career. In a recent @U2 survey, almost 76 percent of fans said they think U2 will release two more studio albums or less. Almost 40 percent said there'll be only one more U2 studio album, and more than 12 percent said U2 won't release any more studio albums. […]
- Column: off the record..., vol. 14-615 April 20, 2014Is anyone else out there as happy as I am that Record Store Day is still a thing? That there are still stores open to host and participate?I go every year, and yesterday was no exception. Though I was disappointed not to see a U2 item in the mix, […]
- Column: off the record..., vol. 14-614 April 13, 2014Dear Diary, Just as people are debating U2’s relevancy in today’s music scene, I have been struggling with a similar issue as a fan. I’ve been around this block as a fan for a quarter-century now. I’ve gone through the typical motions of fandom: buying everything I could with any disposable income I had; […]
- Like A Song: Grace April 9, 2014[Ed. note: This is the 84th in a series of personal essays by the @U2 staff about songs and/or albums that have had great meaning or impact in our lives.] Grace, she's got the walk I’ve always been ungraceful. Ballet lessons? After clomping around a dance floor at age 5, I abandoned attempts to be a swan-abee and took up piano instead. High heels?