If you sign up for Electric Artists ‘street team’ you’ll receive mailings with unexpected treats such as this picture. Click on it to download it giant size.
We tried to sign up… but Electric Artists’ e-mail address bounced. Oh well.
SLANE BY U2
MCD (Irish concert promotors) have announced U2 at Slane Castle on August 25. Tickets for the 10 hour, one day music festival are priced
If you’ve listened to Bono’s acceptance speech at the Brits you may have noticed him callling Chris Blackwell (founder of Island records) a ‘vampire’ in a Jamaican accent. In case you didn’t know… ‘Vampire’ is a song by the great Lee ‘Scratch’ Perry… who was convinced Blackwell was a bloodsucking fiend: “You know, that Chris Blackwell disgusts me, makes me want to vomit. He invited me to the opening of the Compass Point studio in Nassau and there I saw him drink the blood of a freshly killed chicken.” So now you know.
AUSSIES: 60 MINUTES
The Nine Network’s 60 Minutes is running promos for the Bono story — aired recently on 60 Minutes II in the US — for this Sunday evening.
….Not the toilet kind!
You can already buy the merchandise. And now for a limited time only, for the obsessive U2log fan who must have everything, the all new and exclusive U2log.com wallpaper! In two exciting desktop sizes!
[800x600] , [1024x768]
Yajur seems to have caught the U2log virus, he sent us this link to his handiwork.
Martin Kristiansen from Denmark reports: You can buy generel admission to the shows in Copenhagen at www.billetnet.dk but obviously not yet!
WATCH THE BRITS
MSN are showing live footage backstage at the Brits and boast “an utterly exclusive talk with U2″. Starts at 3 p.m. GMT. [ thanks Allard ]
More Brits at the official site. Cor, blimey.
We’ve read reports that Amazon has cancelled orders for the 2 DVDs that were set for release. Here’s their comment:
We are sorry to report that the releases of the following items have been cancelled:
U2(Primary Contributor) “Popmart”
U2(Primary Contributor) “Best of U2-1980-1990″
Though we had expected to be able to send these items to you, we’ve since found that they will not be released after all. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience we have caused you.
Thank you for visiting U2log.com today and your patronage over the last decade. The time has come for us to call it a day. So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye and thank you again.
PS, we may not be blogging here, but we're still somewhat active on Twitter and daily links should still appear on this page.
- Milestone for Music Rising April 24, 2014Edge backs a new initiative from Music Rising, launched at Tulane University in New Orleans. […]
- The Edge Helps Launch New Music Rising at Tulane Website April 24, 2014The Edge appeared via video Tuesday during the launch of Music Rising at Tulane, a new website that helps preserve the musical traditions of the Gulf Coast area and educate the public about them, too. In a news release announcing Tuesday's event, Edge had this to say about the project:
- Bono and Edge take part in tribute to Seamus Heaney April 23, 2014Bono, The Edge, Paul Simon and Paul McGuinness have helped pay tribute to Seamus Heaney, the Nobel Prize-winning Irish poet who died last year. A tapestry titled "Out Of The Marvelous" was commissioned by Amnesty International and partially funded by the rock stars. Designed by Czech artist Peter Sis and woven in France, it's now hanging in Du […]
- U2 Lists: Top 10 U2 DVD Easter Eggs April 23, 2014[Ed. note: This is the 57th in a "U2 Lists" series, where @U2 staffers pick a topic and share their personal rankings on something U2-related.] It's Easter (well, a few days late), when thoughts usually turn to chocolate and that holiday favorite, the egg! This list, however, has nothing to do with chocolate (pity). Instead, it’s about those h […]
- VIDEO: U2 Pays Tribute to Mike Peters & The Alarm April 21, 2014U2 will show up this week in a pre-taped BBC Radio Wales special in honor of the 30th anniversary of The Alarm's album, Declaration. If you follow us on Twitter, you may have seen some of the tweets back on April 11 about U2's brief video that was played during the taping of the concert special. The BBC made that video available for all to see now […]