We’d also like to share with you this nifty NapSearch bookmarklet written by Anil Dash. Just drag the NapSearch link to your link toolbar, click and you can start up Napster searches from your browser. Confused? Read more about bookmarklets.
By the way… Big Girls was produced by Howie B and Flood which suggest it was a POP leftover, with recent lyrics added.
Further rumours of this rumoured London club gig have been reported over at NME. So far we’ve had Paris, New York and now maybe London. Is anyone else seeing a pattern here?
NEWYORKLONDONPARISMUNICH Everybody talk about Mmmm PopMuzik!
Furthermore, Bono is to attend a meeting at the World Economic Forum in Switzerland this weekend along with the likes of Bill Gates and General Kofi Annan.
Among the debates which Bono might attend are ‘Staying ahead of the Digital and Biotech Revolutions’, ‘Potential Within Us’ and ‘Ethics and Values That Shape Society’.
JUST DON’T BUY HIM A DOG
The Aussie press sticks up for “our” Mel and asks our advice:
Q. Is Bono over-reacting? How good was Million Dollar Hotel? And what do you recommend to help Bono and Mel patch things up?
Perhaps News.com.au will pass on your advice.
Also… you can still vote for us, U2log.com, in the Bloggies, the first annual weblog awards. We’re in the ‘ best topical weblog’ category.
BIG GIRLS ARE BRASILIAN
From our mailbox: Hey, I’m Lully, one of the moderators of Ultraviolet, the Brazilian Mailing List, and I wanted to say that in his last B Side, “Big Girls are Best” Bono mentions an address in the lyrics: Avenue Atlantico, 1702. This address (Avenida Atlantico, 1702) is where Hotel Copacabana Palace is located, the most traditional hotel in Rio de Janeiro. All the U2 and U2 crew were hosted in there; Jonas Akerlund also shooted some scenes to the Walk On video on the roof. We think he mentioned their address in the lyrics because we heard that Bono had known Ali’s pregnancy in Rio, in that weekend they were promoting ATYCLB in Brazil.
YOU. OUTSIDE. NOW.
Mel’s apologised, but Bono continues the argument: “I have a lot of respect for him as an actor, but I haven’t forgiven him for the way Wim has been treated by Lions Gate.” Wenders is more forgiving: “I think he’s really extraordinary in the film and gutsy to do it,” he told The Post. “I understand it throws him into a certain dilemma, now that he’s so successful with
I TAKE IT IT’S HAPPENING, THEN
Following the excitment of their club shows in Paris’ Manray and Irving Plaza in New York last year, rumours are abundant… are U2 performing a club gig in London?
U2.com is investigating this latest report and will let you know as soon as we get the low down… keep watching this space.
Strange, that’s the first we’ve heard of it….
THE STAGE IS BUT AN ELEVATOR HEEL
Reader Allard van der Werf dug up this image from the Nationwide Arena in Columbus Ohio… would that be the real stage? Note the ‘elevated walkways’. Click image for full view.
BONO DON’T PREACH?
This must be the oddest thing we’ve heard in a while. Belgian radio announced Madonna is planning a European tour. ‘Special Guest’? U2! Mind you… it’s just a RUMOUR. We think someone got the news about the Grammy performances arseways.
WOMAN VS. WAIF
U2 Switzerland have a 30 second clip of the new b-side Big Girls are Best. Meanwhile U2.com offer a different edit of the Beautiful Day videoclip – less of the ‘orrible snogging couple, more of Mr. B’s antics.
Thank you for visiting U2log.com today and your patronage over the last decade. The time has come for us to call it a day. So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye and thank you again.
PS, we may not be blogging here, but we're still somewhat active on Twitter and daily links should still appear on this page.
- Like A Song: Do They Know It's Christmas? December 11, 2013[Ed. note: This is the 81st in a series of personal essays by the @U2 staff about songs and/or albums that have had great meaning or impact in our lives.] The day was Nov. 25, 1984. A young girl in Portland, Ore. had just opened a lavender bathrobe and a solar-powered calculator for her 9th birthday. All she wanted that year was a Cabbage Patch Kid,
- North Side Stories December 11, 2013Interviews, reviews, diaries. Sneak preview of North Side Story. […]
- Bono on CNN Tonight; Music Rising in People magazine December 9, 2013Two quick media notes to share: First, Bono is in Johannesburg, South Africa, for Nelson Mandela's funeral tomorrow. But he'll be a guest tonight on CNN's AC360 show at 8:00 and 10:00 pm ET. Anderson Cooper sent this tweet out earlier this morning: Just interviewed #Bono about #Mandela. He will be on […]
- U2 Hesitantly Promotes 'Ordinary Love' Single December 9, 2013U2 is in what you'd have to call a tricky situation. The band has a new single to promote as part of the marketing of a major motion picture that producers hope will earn both the film and the song several Oscar nominations. But the subject of the film and the song, Nelson Mandela, just died at the age of 95 after a lengthy illness.
- Column: off the record..., vol. 13-596 December 8, 2013The global celebration of the life and spirit of Nelson Mandela has already begun, and for the next fortnight much will be reported about this elder statesman’s courage, wisdom and strength. From his earliest days as a student of law to his days of revolution which lead to his time on Robben Island as prisoner 466 in the year 1964 (466/64), […]