We have given our image discussion group at Flickr.com a new name — The Village — and a new reason to join it: we’ve been adding a lot of photos to the pool for members’ review.
The Village is not only an archive of our and your U2 images, but also a place to discuss them. At The Village, you can find many of the photos that we do not publish with our event reports because of space issues. (At most events, we generally capture more than 200 photos, but publish less than a dozen with the reports.) Our photographer extraordinaire Ruth Barohn has recently added unpublished photos from the Brooklyn show and the K-Rock How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb listening party, U2log.com contributing editor ~E has added her impressive collection of photos from the PopMart tour, and the other editors have uploaded many photos from their personal collections. Current members of The Village are doing their bit too and sharing their photos.
If you have a particularly spectacular photo of U2 that you would like to share with the U2 fan community or you want to see spectacular photos, register for a free account at Flickr.com and join The Village.
Not yet convinced you should join The Village? Below is just a sample of the photos you can see and discuss when you join.
If you can’t be bothered to join The Village, keep on an eye on the ever-changing photo on the U2log.com home page. The photos that appear there are generated from our Flickr account.
Thank you for visiting U2log.com today and your patronage over the last decade. The time has come for us to call it a day. So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye and thank you again.
PS, we may not be blogging here, but we're still somewhat active on Twitter and daily links should still appear on this page.
- U2 Lists: Top 10 U2 DVD Easter Eggs April 23, 2014[Ed. note: This is the 57th in a "U2 Lists" series, where @U2 staffers pick a topic and share their personal rankings on something U2-related.] It's Easter (well, a few days late), when thoughts usually turn to chocolate and that holiday favorite, the egg! This list, however, has nothing to do with chocolate (pity). Instead, it’s about those h […]
- VIDEO: U2 Pays Tribute to Mike Peters & The Alarm April 21, 2014U2 will show up this week in a pre-taped BBC Radio Wales special in honor of the 30th anniversary of The Alarm's album, Declaration. If you follow us on Twitter, you may have seen some of the tweets back on April 11 about U2's brief video that was played during the taping of the concert special. The BBC made that video available for all to see now […]
- Poll Results: Most Fans Say U2 Has 2 Albums Left Max April 21, 2014U2 fans aren't optimistic about the band having many more studio albums left in their career. In a recent @U2 survey, almost 76 percent of fans said they think U2 will release two more studio albums or less. Almost 40 percent said there'll be only one more U2 studio album, and more than 12 percent said U2 won't release any more studio albums. […]
- Column: off the record..., vol. 14-615 April 20, 2014Is anyone else out there as happy as I am that Record Store Day is still a thing? That there are still stores open to host and participate?I go every year, and yesterday was no exception. Though I was disappointed not to see a U2 item in the mix, […]
- Column: off the record..., vol. 14-614 April 13, 2014Dear Diary, Just as people are debating U2’s relevancy in today’s music scene, I have been struggling with a similar issue as a fan. I’ve been around this block as a fan for a quarter-century now. I’ve gone through the typical motions of fandom: buying everything I could with any disposable income I had; […]