We have given our image discussion group at Flickr.com a new name — The Village — and a new reason to join it: we’ve been adding a lot of photos to the pool for members’ review.
The Village is not only an archive of our and your U2 images, but also a place to discuss them. At The Village, you can find many of the photos that we do not publish with our event reports because of space issues. (At most events, we generally capture more than 200 photos, but publish less than a dozen with the reports.) Our photographer extraordinaire Ruth Barohn has recently added unpublished photos from the Brooklyn show and the K-Rock How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb listening party, U2log.com contributing editor ~E has added her impressive collection of photos from the PopMart tour, and the other editors have uploaded many photos from their personal collections. Current members of The Village are doing their bit too and sharing their photos.
If you have a particularly spectacular photo of U2 that you would like to share with the U2 fan community or you want to see spectacular photos, register for a free account at Flickr.com and join The Village.
Not yet convinced you should join The Village? Below is just a sample of the photos you can see and discuss when you join.
If you can’t be bothered to join The Village, keep on an eye on the ever-changing photo on the U2log.com home page. The photos that appear there are generated from our Flickr account.
Thank you for visiting U2log.com today and your patronage over the last decade. The time has come for us to call it a day. So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye and thank you again.
PS, we may not be blogging here, but we're still somewhat active on Twitter and daily links should still appear on this page.
- Guardian: U2 Spokesperson Says Album Still Planned in 2014 March 10, 2014A U2 album is still being planned for 2014. That's the word from an unnamed U2 spokesperson quoted in The Guardian today: "U2's album is planned for this year, is still on track and touring plans haven't been confirmed yet." That's obviously in response to last week's Billboard report saying that U2 has
- Greg Carroll’s Teddy Bear: Much Loved March 10, 2014Awww. This is both too cute and too poignant at the same time. The line “grace makes beauty out of ugly things (or events, in this case),” comes to mind. Last year, Dublin-based photographer Mark Nixon published Much Loved, a collection of photographs of teddy bears with their owner’s stories. In it is a pic [...]The post Greg Carroll’s Teddy Bear: Much Love […]
- Column: off the record..., vol. 14-609 March 10, 2014Wow! The recent barrage of U2 news has left my head spinning. We thought we were seeing the run-up to an album release: lots of interviews with Bono, special appearances by band members at events, performances on The Tonight Show and the Academy Awards and specific mentions of new material by The Edge and Bono. And then ... disaster. For those who missed it, […]
- Kein U2 Album 2014? March 8, 2014Gestern brach die Hölle über die U2 Fancommunity los als Billboard von U2s Plänen über das neue Album berichtete. Unter Berufung auf 'multiple sources' verkündigte das renommierte Magazin, es werde weder ein Album, noch eine Tour um Jahr 2014 geben, stattdessen sei alles auf 2015 verschoben worden. Während Danger Mouse ...
- Billboard: No U2 Album or Tour Until 2015 March 7, 2014Billboard magazine is out today with news that's sure to test the patience and loyalty of a lot of U2 fans: There will be no U2 album nor a tour until 2015. The reason? Well, none is definitively given. A Billboard source implies that U2 isn't happy with its current material: "That magic that the band always seems to capture ...