So if you were up early. Or late. Or just… up, you may have been awake for the brief window of time during which getmusic.com.au, which is Universal Australia’s official download platform (!), accidentally sold mp3 downloads of all of the songs on U2′s No Line on the Horizon, more than a week before its official release. Not just for Australian customers… this international cat used Paypal to legally get her paws on the album.
Brief review? Lovin’ it.
According to atu2.com it wasn’t even the first leak. It’s just that nobody noticed the first one. For a few days, the songs were available individually on Napster Mobile. Apparently, not a whole lot of people use that – legal – service.
We hope you got lucky too. Let us know what you think of the album.
Nice: U2 fans are pleading with the web shop not to fire the guy that caused the leak. (Update: fans’ comments have been removed from the site!)
Thank you for visiting U2log.com today and your patronage over the last decade. The time has come for us to call it a day. So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye and thank you again.
PS, we may not be blogging here, but we're still somewhat active on Twitter and daily links should still appear on this page.
- Column: off the record..., vol. 14-614 April 13, 2014Dear Diary, Just as people are debating U2’s relevancy in today’s music scene, I have been struggling with a similar issue as a fan. I’ve been around this block as a fan for a quarter-century now. I’ve gone through the typical motions of fandom: buying everything I could with any disposable income I had; […]
- Like A Song: Grace April 9, 2014[Ed. note: This is the 84th in a series of personal essays by the @U2 staff about songs and/or albums that have had great meaning or impact in our lives.] Grace, she's got the walk I’ve always been ungraceful. Ballet lessons? After clomping around a dance floor at age 5, I abandoned attempts to be a swan-abee and took up piano instead. High heels?
- Achtoon Baby: Li'l U2 in ... Bono Needs an Intervention April 9, 2014Prince? Bruce Springsteen? David Bowie (not pictured)? How and why are those three music legends getting featured here? Well, if you heard the recent gossip about Bono having a case of writer's block (see here), that should serve as your entry clue. @U2's Kelly Eddington trots out some of rock's royalty to help Bono through his struggles in th […]
- 'Poetry is a sort of homecoming...' April 9, 2014Fifteen U2 songs that Niall Stokes, editor of Hot Press and North Side Story, would choose from all the rest. Tune in. […]
- Column: off the record..., vol. 14-613 April 6, 2014I learned something new last week. Well, I learn a lot of new things every week, but here's one from last week that's specifically relevant to this column: It's really hard to write one of those personality quizzes that are so popular now! […]