So if you were up early. Or late. Or just… up, you may have been awake for the brief window of time during which getmusic.com.au, which is Universal Australia’s official download platform (!), accidentally sold mp3 downloads of all of the songs on U2′s No Line on the Horizon, more than a week before its official release. Not just for Australian customers… this international cat used Paypal to legally get her paws on the album.
Brief review? Lovin’ it.
According to atu2.com it wasn’t even the first leak. It’s just that nobody noticed the first one. For a few days, the songs were available individually on Napster Mobile. Apparently, not a whole lot of people use that – legal – service.
We hope you got lucky too. Let us know what you think of the album.
Nice: U2 fans are pleading with the web shop not to fire the guy that caused the leak. (Update: fans’ comments have been removed from the site!)
Thank you for visiting U2log.com today and your patronage over the last decade. The time has come for us to call it a day. So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye and thank you again.
PS, we may not be blogging here, but we're still somewhat active on Twitter and daily links should still appear on this page.
- VIDEO: U2 Pays Tribute to Mike Peters & The Alarm April 21, 2014U2 will show up this week in a pre-taped BBC Radio Wales special in honor of the 30th anniversary of The Alarm's album, Declaration. If you follow us on Twitter, you may have seen some of the tweets back on April 11 about U2's brief video that was played during the taping of the concert special. The BBC made that video available for all to see now […]
- Poll Results: Most Fans Say U2 Has 2 Albums Left Max April 21, 2014U2 fans aren't optimistic about the band having many more studio albums left in their career. In a recent @U2 survey, almost 76 percent of fans said they think U2 will release two more studio albums or less. Almost 40 percent said there'll be only one more U2 studio album, and more than 12 percent said U2 won't release any more studio albums. […]
- Column: off the record..., vol. 14-615 April 20, 2014Is anyone else out there as happy as I am that Record Store Day is still a thing? That there are still stores open to host and participate?I go every year, and yesterday was no exception. Though I was disappointed not to see a U2 item in the mix, […]
- Column: off the record..., vol. 14-614 April 13, 2014Dear Diary, Just as people are debating U2’s relevancy in today’s music scene, I have been struggling with a similar issue as a fan. I’ve been around this block as a fan for a quarter-century now. I’ve gone through the typical motions of fandom: buying everything I could with any disposable income I had; […]
- Like A Song: Grace April 9, 2014[Ed. note: This is the 84th in a series of personal essays by the @U2 staff about songs and/or albums that have had great meaning or impact in our lives.] Grace, she's got the walk I’ve always been ungraceful. Ballet lessons? After clomping around a dance floor at age 5, I abandoned attempts to be a swan-abee and took up piano instead. High heels?