Posted No Grammy Award for U2.
Thank you for visiting U2log.com today and your patronage over the last decade. The time has come for us to call it a day. So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye and thank you again.
PS, we may not be blogging here, but we're still somewhat active on Twitter and daily links should still appear on this page.
- Like A Song: Do They Know It's Christmas? December 11, 2013[Ed. note: This is the 81st in a series of personal essays by the @U2 staff about songs and/or albums that have had great meaning or impact in our lives.] The day was Nov. 25, 1984. A young girl in Portland, Ore. had just opened a lavender bathrobe and a solar-powered calculator for her 9th birthday. All she wanted that year was a Cabbage Patch Kid,
- North Side Stories December 11, 2013Interviews, reviews, diaries. Sneak preview of North Side Story. […]
- Bono on CNN Tonight; Music Rising in People magazine December 9, 2013Two quick media notes to share: First, Bono is in Johannesburg, South Africa, for Nelson Mandela's funeral tomorrow. But he'll be a guest tonight on CNN's AC360 show at 8:00 and 10:00 pm ET. Anderson Cooper sent this tweet out earlier this morning: Just interviewed #Bono about #Mandela. He will be on […]
- U2 Hesitantly Promotes 'Ordinary Love' Single December 9, 2013U2 is in what you'd have to call a tricky situation. The band has a new single to promote as part of the marketing of a major motion picture that producers hope will earn both the film and the song several Oscar nominations. But the subject of the film and the song, Nelson Mandela, just died at the age of 95 after a lengthy illness.
- Column: off the record..., vol. 13-596 December 8, 2013The global celebration of the life and spirit of Nelson Mandela has already begun, and for the next fortnight much will be reported about this elder statesman’s courage, wisdom and strength. From his earliest days as a student of law to his days of revolution which lead to his time on Robben Island as prisoner 466 in the year 1964 (466/64), […]