WALK LIKE A MAN
We’d almost forget, but there’s another single, Walk On, coming up and u2wanderer.org have the details on it.
BIG GIRLS ARE BEST
MP3. Ya wannit?
Does anyone else think part of the vocal melody sounds extremely similar to ‘Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds’ by The Beatles
SMALL GIGS ARE BEST
NME and BBC Radio 1 further report/confirm U2 playing the Astoria in London on February 7. Tickets for the gig will only be available via these sites, along with U2.com. So keep checking back to them in the next few days if you’re keen on going.
FROM OUR MAILBOX
Dennis writes: Have you noticed: Big Girls Are Best” sounds a LOT like one of the songs from the Melbourne soundcheck…same drums and bassline, same tempo…it’s Melbourne #8 in my Real Audio copies–the one where Bono seems to be rapping more than singing. Maybe those Melbournes will actually appear after all.
Michael: Want to see something amazing – go to Ebay and type a search in for U2 Tickets – last time I checked there was 23 Pages (20 persons per page) of scalpers for US Shows.
Sakura: It really honking sucks when you’re a poor, broke college student who is unfortunate enough to barely afford a $45 ticket to the San Jose concert, and you log on to eBay to find two SJ tickets on auction STARTING AT $350. Mindless bastards… and excuse my language. I’m just an angry little fan. Keep up the good stuff, U2log kicks.
Zally: hi, you have any non-christmas post-cards coming soon ?
We do indeed, Zally, new postcards are available now.
STUCK IN A MOMENT ON TOTP
LONDON, YOU’RE A BIG GIRL
NME reports on the rumours U2 will be playing London. The band will be playing the NME Carling Awards Show (will Bono bring a hatchet?), the Sun AND U2.com both exclusively reveal, they will play the Astoria on February 7 (capacity 2000), the day after the awards.
NEWS @ YOUTWO.NET
Quite a few people have asked about YouTwo.net and what’s happening there. We’ve just learnt they will probably be back up and running tomorrow.
IT’S FRIDAY EVENING… IT’S TOP OF THE POPS!
From U2.com, U2 will be playing Stuck In A Moment on BBC’s Top of the Pops on Friday the 26th. Well… that’s tonight! Come back to U2log.com after 9pm GMT and we’ll probably have this performance for you in Real Video.
No. 2 (!)
It did bode well, indeed. The voting public put Beautiful Day on to the second-highest step on the podium in Triple J’s Hottest 100 (see previous post). The best 10 per cent were:
1. Powderfinger – My Happiness
2. U2 – Beautiful Day
3. Powderfinger – My Kind of Scene
4. Wheatus – Teenage Dirtbag
5. Coldplay – Yellow
6. The Avalanches – Frontier Psychiatry
7. Red Hot Chilli Peppers – Californication
8. Foo Fighters – Generator
9. Paul Kelly – Every Fucking City
10. Dandy Warhols – Bohemian Like You
Thank you for visiting U2log.com today and your patronage over the last decade. The time has come for us to call it a day. So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye and thank you again.
PS, we may not be blogging here, but we're still somewhat active on Twitter and daily links should still appear on this page.
- Guardian: U2 Spokesperson Says Album Still Planned in 2014 March 10, 2014A U2 album is still being planned for 2014. That's the word from an unnamed U2 spokesperson quoted in The Guardian today: "U2's album is planned for this year, is still on track and touring plans haven't been confirmed yet." That's obviously in response to last week's Billboard report saying that U2 has
- Greg Carroll’s Teddy Bear: Much Loved March 10, 2014Awww. This is both too cute and too poignant at the same time. The line “grace makes beauty out of ugly things (or events, in this case),” comes to mind. Last year, Dublin-based photographer Mark Nixon published Much Loved, a collection of photographs of teddy bears with their owner’s stories. In it is a pic [...]The post Greg Carroll’s Teddy Bear: Much Love […]
- Column: off the record..., vol. 14-609 March 10, 2014Wow! The recent barrage of U2 news has left my head spinning. We thought we were seeing the run-up to an album release: lots of interviews with Bono, special appearances by band members at events, performances on The Tonight Show and the Academy Awards and specific mentions of new material by The Edge and Bono. And then ... disaster. For those who missed it, […]
- Kein U2 Album 2014? March 8, 2014Gestern brach die Hölle über die U2 Fancommunity los als Billboard von U2s Plänen über das neue Album berichtete. Unter Berufung auf 'multiple sources' verkündigte das renommierte Magazin, es werde weder ein Album, noch eine Tour um Jahr 2014 geben, stattdessen sei alles auf 2015 verschoben worden. Während Danger Mouse ...
- Billboard: No U2 Album or Tour Until 2015 March 7, 2014Billboard magazine is out today with news that's sure to test the patience and loyalty of a lot of U2 fans: There will be no U2 album nor a tour until 2015. The reason? Well, none is definitively given. A Billboard source implies that U2 isn't happy with its current material: "That magic that the band always seems to capture ...