But she did. Garbage’s Shirley Manson admits ‘One’ made her cry in her on line diary.
Reader Emmet mailed us the following: Bono’s wife, Ali Hewson, was on the Late Late Show on Irish tv on Friday night. She was there to talk about the Chernobyl Children’s Project and was accompanied by Adi Roche.
It was mentioned that she was pregnant and Ali said “Yeah, Bono’s always talking about how he’s half Catholic and half Protestant. Now we know which half is Catholic.”
U2log.com will do the right thing and refrain from comments, though we find this link “appropriate”. [ WARNING: Not for the easily offended, and don't say we didn't warn you. ]
‘The Oracle’ is now up and running at U2.com. Ask it anything U2 related and your questions will be answered…
So we put it to the test. To further investigate into our photographic evidence as was reported earlier, we asked ‘The Oracle’ why Bono decided to throw his undies from a hotel window. The reason given was “No new ideas in the house and every book has been read.”
Punch a hole, make it a big one: Art Shapes are voting for best album of 2000 and U2 are trailing far behind. Go on, support the boys. (Um, sorry, men!) Please don’t let the Corrs win.
Not too long ago we included links to this page to help you order ATYCLB at amazon.com. Today, the on line bookstore-gone-mega reports ATYCLB is their biggest Music Pre-Order Ever. Coincidence? We think not.
A direct link to U2′s Spinner.com ‘Ground Zero’ interview.
Ground Zero is a two-hour weekly show focusing on critical new music from both new and established artists, hosted by Chris Douridas.
The much hyped (and underwhelming) short ‘Sightings of Bono’ is now available on Allirelandmusic.com. We would like to know what kind of interest U2 have in this new website which has been trying to create a buzz around itself for a while now.
While you’re watching, drop in a vote for U2 at Jam.
There’s been a lot of talk about Australian band The Living End covering Sunday Bloody Sunday live, including at the Livid and Homebake festivals. Now we found a version [3.1mb]. It’s very Living End. Grit your teeth, though, spoilt Internet… this version’s ONLY coded at 96! (gasp).
Thank you for visiting U2log.com today and your patronage over the last decade. The time has come for us to call it a day. So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye and thank you again.
PS, we may not be blogging here, but we're still somewhat active on Twitter and daily links should still appear on this page.
- 'Ordinary Love' für Golden Globe nominiert December 12, 2013Heute wurden die Nominierungen für die Golden Globe Awards 2014 bekannt gegeben. Chancen in der Kategorie Best Original Song - Motion Picture hat dabei auch Ordinary Love, U2s Song für den Film 'Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom'. Die weiteren Nominierten in der Kategorie sind 'Atlas' (The Hunger Games: Catching Fire), ...
- Ordinary Love Gets Golden Globe Nom December 12, 2013"Ordinary Love" received a nomination in the Best Original Song - Motion Picture category for the 71st annual Golden Globes. Joining U2 in nomination are "Atlas" from Catching Fire, "Let It Go" from Frozen, "Please Mr. Kennedy" from Inside Llewyn Davis and "Sweeter Than Fiction" from Once Chance. Mandela: Lon […]
- Like A Song: Do They Know It's Christmas? December 11, 2013[Ed. note: This is the 81st in a series of personal essays by the @U2 staff about songs and/or albums that have had great meaning or impact in our lives.] The day was Nov. 25, 1984. A young girl in Portland, Ore. had just opened a lavender bathrobe and a solar-powered calculator for her 9th birthday. All she wanted that year was a Cabbage Patch Kid,
- North Side Stories December 11, 2013Interviews, reviews, diaries. Sneak preview of North Side Story. […]
- Bono on CNN Tonight; Music Rising in People magazine December 9, 2013Two quick media notes to share: First, Bono is in Johannesburg, South Africa, for Nelson Mandela's funeral tomorrow. But he'll be a guest tonight on CNN's AC360 show at 8:00 and 10:00 pm ET. Anderson Cooper sent this tweet out earlier this morning: Just interviewed #Bono about #Mandela. He will be on […]