The Hot Press 2002 annual issue features an interview with Bono, and a look into what the good man’s been reading recently. Just the things to spend your Amazon vouchers on:
- The New Testament – Eugene Peterson.
- The Books of Wisdom – Eugene Peterson.
- The Heart is deceitful above all things – J.T. Leroy.
- My Dark Places – James Elroy.
- Shakespeare and the Goddess of Complete Being – Ted Hughes.
In his interview with Niall Stokes, Bono talks about 9/11, Drop the Debt, U2 in the studio, family and Slane:
Whatever it was, it wasn’t a concert. It was some sort of sociological event, a sort of gathering of the tribe. But from our point of view it was like a big wedding, with aunties and uncles, fights in the corner, tears at every turn, too much drink taken, and after that then it became a wake. A wedding, and a wake. I was just holding on for dear life.