Thanks to a reader at the gig, via cameraphone and Flickr, here’s an image from the 2005 Vertigo tour opening night in San Diego. You can see more live pictures in our Flickr stream.
Setlist (courtesy of):
City Of Blinding Lights / Vertigo / The Electric Co. / An Cat Dubh / Into The Heart / Beautiful Day / New Year’s Day / Miracle Drug / Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own / Love And Peace Or Else / Sunday Bloody Sunday / Bullet The Blue Sky / The Hands That Built America / Running To Stand Still / Zoo Station / The Fly / Elevation
Encore: Pride (In the name of love) / Where The Streets Have No Name / One / All Because Of You / Yahweh (acoustic) / 40
Notes / snippets:
- ‘Send in the clowns’ (Stephen Sondheim) and ‘I can see for miles’ (The Who) in ‘Electric Co.’
- ‘Blackbird’ (The Beatles) in Beautiful Day.
- ‘No Regrets’ (Tom Rush) in ‘Sometimes’
- ‘Johnny Come Marching Home’ (Patrick Gilmore) in ‘Sunday Bloody Sunday’ and ‘Bullet the Blue Sky/Hands’
- ‘Declaration of Human rights’ read before ‘Running’
- Larry plays an Oxygen 8 midi controller in ‘Yahweh’
- Larry sings on ‘Elevation’
- During ’40’, The Edge and Adam switch guitar and bass.
- ‘An Cat Dubh/Into the heart’ last played September 24, 1984, Perth, Australia.