Can’t get enough of U2? Haven’t reached the point of saturation yet? Live in the U.K.? Well, you’re in luck, because Channel 4 are dedicating an entire week to the band. It starts Saturday 25th November and ends with a ‘mammoth’ U2 weekend on December 2 and 3. The programmes will feature on the entire C4 network. That includes Channel 4, E4 and More 4.
The programming includes a TV interview with the band and the TV premiere of U2: Live in Milan.
- 25th November – U2: Vertigo Live, a 60 minute special to be shown at 23.45
- 2nd December – A Day In The Life Of The Edge will also be shown on C4 at 01.15am
- 2nd December – Plus Nothing But…U2, a 60 minute special at 12:00.
- 3rd December – U2: Zoo Tour a further 60 minute special to be shown at 23.45
- 3rd December – U2: Live In Milan, The worldwide premiere on TV of the bands amazing concert in Milan as part of the Vertigo//05 tour on T4 at 13.55
- 3rd December – Exclusive U2 on T4. The full band join June Sarpong in their first and only TV interview on UK TV for over 2 years for a 45 minute show which includes an interview to be shown at 15.05 (directly after U2 Live in Milan)
- 2nd December – A 90 minute Nothing But U2 zone which will show back to back U2 videos on E4 Music (to be repeated on w/c 4th December on E4 Music)
- 2nd December – A 60 minute We Love U2 zone in which celebrity fans nominate and explain their favourite U2 videos
- 3rd December – A 2 hour We Support U2 zone on E4 Music, which will show all the artists who’ve supported U2 on tour such as Green Day, The Killers etc.
- 3rd December – E4 will show a repeat of the U2 Vertigo Tour at 15.00
Throughout the weekend of 2nd and 3rd December there will also be U2 videos playing amongst the playlist videos
- 1st December – Age of AIDS will be repeated on World AIDS Day.
- 4th December – A Day In The Life Of The Edge will also be shown at 01.10am