Attention U2log.com readers! We have an assignment for you. We’re looking for one good fan to write a report on the final show of the Vertigo tour in Honolulu, Hawaii, on December 9. If you think you’ve got what it takes to be a U2log.com writer, enter our I-Wanna-Blog-for-U2log contest. The winner will receive one OTX Extreme Luau & Ticket Package, which includes admission to a luau hosted by actress Rosario Dawson on December 8 and a general admission ticket to the U2 concert on December 9 with Pearl Jam.
To enter, submit an example of your writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, November 29. You may write about anything you wish; the only requirement is it should entertain us. Please keep the length reasonable; we have short attention spans. The U2log.com staff will choose and notify the winner by Friday, December 1. U2log.com reserves the right to publish the winning entry.
- You must be at least 21 years old to enter.
- You must be a U2 fan. Duh.
- You must be able to get yourself to Honolulu, Hawaii. The prize does NOT include travel and other expenses.
Before you enter the contest, please be sure that you have the means to get to Honolulu. We recognize that we are not giving much notice for anyone to make arrangements to travel. The OTX package was originally intended for use by one of the U2log.com editors; however, that person is unable to attend.
- The prize has no monetary value. You cannot convert it to cash. Heck, we’d do that ourselves if we could.
- The prize is non-transferable. You may not give it to your buddy or mom.
- You are expected to deliver your report in a timely manner. Your report is the property of U2log.com.
Because of the short notice, the U2log.com staff may give priority consideration to entries by Hawaiian locals or by fans who already have tickets to the show but want to upgrade to the OTX Extreme Luau & Ticket Package.
In short, we want to make sure the OTX package is used by someone who (1) can definitely attend the concert and (2) will write something for us. Please do not enter the contest if you cannot fulfill all the requirements.
Along with your writing sample, please submit the following information:
- Your full name
- Your birth date
- Your location (city, state/province, country)