U2 have uncovered the sleeve, tracklisting and formats of their new album ‘No Line on the Horizon’ and the single ‘Get On Your Boots’ on their official website.
‘Get On Your Boots’ will be released as a digital download on February 15th and a physical format will follow on February 16th.
“Produced by Brian Eno, Danny Lanois and Steve Lillywhite, sessions for No Line On The Horizon began in Fez, Morocco, and continued at the band’s Dublin studio, New York’s Platinum Sound Recording Studios, and London’s Olympic Studios.
Released on March 2nd (March 3rd in the US), the album will come in a standard format with 24 page booklet and in digipak format. The digipak includes an extended booklet and the album’s companion film “Linear” by Anton Corbijn. A limited edition 64 page magazine will also be available, featuring the band in conversation with artist Catherine Owens, and new Anton Corbijn photographs. No Line On The Horizon will be released on 180gm vinyl. (More on the formats below)
The album cover artwork is an image of the sea meeting the sky by Japanese artist and photographer Hiroshi Sugimoto.”
Here’s the full track listing:
1. No Line On The Horizon
3. Moment of Surrender
4. Unknown Caller
5. I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight
6. Get On Your Boots
7. Stand Up Comedy
8. Fez – Being Born
9. White As Snow
11. Cedars Of Lebanon
No Line On The Horizon will be available in five formats;
- Standard jewel case – with album CD and 24 page booklet (Amazon)
- Digipak format – limited edition with album CD, 32 page colour booklet and fold out poster. Features access to exclusive downloadable Anton Corbijn film. (Amazon)
- Magazine format – limited edition with album CD, with 64 page magazine. Features access to exclusive downloadable Anton Corbijn film. (Amazon)
- Box format – limited edition bespoke box containing digipak format album CD, DVD of Anton Corbijn’s exclusive film, 64 page hardback book, plus a fold out poster. (Amazon)
- LP vinyl – limited edition with 2 black vinyl discs, gatefold sleeve, and a 16 page booklet. (Amazon)
Not mentioned in U2’s press release is the single’s radio premiere, which will take place this Monday (January 19th) at 8.10am GMT on The Colm & Jim-Jim Show on RTÉ 2fm, in Ireland. Dave Fanning will play the new single and he will be talking to Colm and Jim-Jim from 7.30am about ‘previous U2 albums, his relationship with the band and memories of one of the greatest bands in the world today’. You can listen to the show online on RTE.ie.
U2tour.de has details on radio premieres in various European countries.