But do U2 fans love Blackberries? My iPhone 3gs is on order.
Cyclist Lance Armstong tweeted this picture of him and Bono in Monaco on Friday evening.
Damn that rock and roll. It's just soooo noisy.
You'd think there was only one guy in the band, judging from these pictures.
Official site of the designers who created U2's video screen
"A 50 Ton expanding video screen that operates continuously throughout the duration of the concert. Videos remain proportional in scale to the size of the screen at any stage of its deployment." Lots of pwetty pictures with this one.
"The Irish singer recognised Barcelona's achievement in winning the Spanish league, Copa del Rey and Champions League and congratulated the Blaugrana boss for that."
"Based on Hoberman's patented Iris structure, this "fusion of architecture, stage scenery and extreme technology" stretches upwards to form a 7-story cone around the band, displaying footage directed by the Irish artist Catherine Owens."
"On the exterior of the “skin” of the structure are 36 orange disks also known as polyps. Underneath each polyp/disk are eight custom LED fixtures, each containing 60W RGBW LEDs." Say what now?
"Introducing the U2 Mobile Album". Hands up, who here has a Blackberry?
Neil McCormick writes: "With songs as the link between all the individuals in the venue, these extraordinary frontmen become our conduit to a communal moment of surrender."
Also known as: Who are you and what have you done with our band?
(Electrical Storm, courtesy U2006com)
U2 play their second night of the 360 tour in Barcelona. There were fewer people in the queue (perhaps people couldn’t face another day of 30 degrees celcius) and getting into the FOS-area (front of stage) was easier. In the afternoon the band soundchecked, including Electrical Storm and both the remix and album versions of Crazy Tonight. U2tour.de reports that 30 minutes before the show there is no sight of Bono’s monitor, which he would need for another ISS uplink.
It quickly becomes apparent U2 have come to KILL. Surprise after surprise emerges from the stage: Desire, Party Girl and the big fan favourite ‘Electrical Storm’ sees its live debut. Then they really put the crazy in Crazy Tonight, playing *BOTH* the remix and the album version. The album version, which came during the second encore, was filmed. Perhaps a video for its single release.
- Breathe [ Video ]
- No Line on the Horizon
- Get on your boots [ Video ]
- Beautiful Day (snippet: Here comes the sun)
- I Still Haven’t Found what I’m looking for (snippet: Moving on up) [ Video ]
- Desire (snippets: Billie Jean and Don’t Stop Til You Get Enough) [ Video ]
- Party Girl (Girl on stage carries Bono around!) [ Video // download audio]
- Electrical Storm [ Video // Alternate // Alternate II]
- Unknown Caller
- The Unforgettable Fire [ Video ]
- City of Blinding Lights
- Vertigo [ Video ]
- I’ll go crazy if I don’t go crazy tonight (remix version) [ Video ]
- Sunday Bloody Sunday [ Video // Alternate ]
- Walk On (snippet: You’ll never walk alone)
- Where the streets have no name [ Video // Alternate ]
- One [ Video ]
- Ultra Violet (Light my way) [ Video ]
- With or Without you [ Video ]
- I’ll go crazy if I don’t go crazy tonight (album version) [ Video ]
- Moment of Surrender
A promotional video (Electronic Press Kit) containing footage from opening night and a talk with Willie Williams as well as some post-concert interviews with fans.