Second and last show in London’s Wembley stadium tonight. Newspapers reviewed the first show as “a qualified triumph for vaulting ambition“, “with a sound so hissy that it might as well have been coming from a clapped-out transistor radio” (more reviews in our lifestream).
Among tonights attending celebrities are Kevin Spacey (in the royal box), Lars Ulrich, Jimmy Page, Robert Downey Jnr and (the inevitable) Neil McCormick.
Reports are the roof is opened further than previous night, which benefits the sound.
When the last notes of tonights show fade out U2 will have played before an estimated 1.600.000 people in 21 gigs, with three more European shows to go…
The setlist gets a bit of a mix-up with the inclusion of UTEOTW, New Year’s Day and Stay:
- Breathe [video]
- No Line On The Horizon
- Get On Your Boots [video]
- Beautiful Day (“Here comes the sun” and “London Bridge is falling down” snippet) [video]
- Until The End Of The World (Break on through snippet) [video]
- New Year’s Day [video]
- I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For (Stand by me snippet) [video] [snippet]
- Stay (Far Away So Close) [video]
- Unknown Caller
- The Unforgettable Fire (A Day Without Me snippet) [video]
- City Of Blinding Lights [video]
- Vertigo [video]
- I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight remix
- Sunday Bloody Sunday
- Pride (In The Name Of Love)
- MLK [video]
- Walk On [video]
- Where The Streets Have No Name [video]
- Bad (Fool to Cry and “40” snippets) [video]
- Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
- With Or Without You
- Moment Of Surrender [video]
Before they play Stay Bono tells the crowd Joe O’Herlihy has buried one of Edge’s guitar picks in the foundation of Wembley stadium when he was visiting the building site…
Big thanks to the Editor-in-chief of U2log and her fabulous live feeds!
All video links courtesy of u2gigs.com/u2006com
Short (and rather LOUD) clip from “Front Of House” Wembley during NLOTH:
Some QIK clips by henryeccles