Paul McGuinness, The Edge and Bono talk to RTE’s Gerry Ryan from a parking lot in Santa Monica, after their five Grammy win.
McG: ‘Not being falsely modest, [ winning the Grammy for best album of the year ] defines U2 as world champions yet again.’
Download the MP3, or subscribe to the Gerry Ryan show’s podcast even if just to hear Bono say:
‘D’ya wanna be bursted?’
U2 received a whopping five Grammy nominations from the Recording Academy today in the following categories:
- Album of the Year (How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb)
- Song of the Year (“Sometimes You Can’t Make It on Your Own”)
- Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal (“Sometimes You Can’t Make It on Your Own”)
- Best Rock Song (“City of Blinding Lights”)
- Best Rock Album (How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb)
Friend and producer Steve Lillywhite also was nominated in the category of Producer of the Year, Non-Classical, for his work on How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb.
The 48th Annual Grammy Awards will be held on February 8, at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.