U2 have arrived in Queensland, Australia and set up camp in a reportedly ‘stupid expensive’ hotel on the Gold Coast. While their crew continues to work on getting the venue ready for the show, the band will take a few days to acclimatise. Bono told the press: “I don’t really feel like Bono at the moment, I looked in the mirror and saw a little man with sunken eyes.”
The stage in Brisbane is almost fully set up.
We haven’t had any info yet on how GA lines are going to be handled. Aussie fans, we welcome your reports and tips.
- The Daily Telegraph: U2 touch down, in pictures
- The Courier Mail: Bono’s soundcheck
- New.com.au: U2 lands for Vertigo tour
- The Gold Coast bulletin: Still a beautiful day for jetlagged U2
- News.com.au: We will rock you says U2
- The Courier Mail: Another day in paradise