The Edge is among the faces featured in the Recording Academy’s new Grammy ad campaign. In the advertisement, Edge proclaims, “Nothing gives you the news on your latest record better than how you do at the Grammys.” [Click on the above image to read the full quote.] With 22 Grammys sitting on his shelves at home, Edge is certainly qualified to speak on the matter.
Other artists featured in the ad campaign include Coldplay, John Legend, and Bonnie Raitt.
U2 received a whopping five Grammy nominations from the Recording Academy today in the following categories:
- Album of the Year (How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb)
- Song of the Year (“Sometimes You Can’t Make It on Your Own”)
- Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal (“Sometimes You Can’t Make It on Your Own”)
- Best Rock Song (“City of Blinding Lights”)
- Best Rock Album (How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb)
Friend and producer Steve Lillywhite also was nominated in the category of Producer of the Year, Non-Classical, for his work on How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb.
The 48th Annual Grammy Awards will be held on February 8, at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.