“All of U2’s income raised from the auction of Red Zone tickets will be donated to charity,” says a U2 spokeswoman according to the Belfast Telegraph.
U2 will give away 100 percent of their income from the “RED Zone” VIP auction ticket sales at up to 100 worldwide concerts.
Up to 600 stage-front tickets per gig are being sold off this way. The minimum starting bids are between €95 and €1,015. This would mean U2 is donating an estimated €9m of their U2360 summer tour profits to charity.
All of the profit that Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen Jr earn from the sale of tickets in the ‘Red Zone’ will go to charity. The charity-style partnership Global Fund, which helps fight AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, will benefit from a large donation and other good causes expected to receive payouts are charities focusing on Africa.
Previously: Ticketmaster auctions off (RED) Zone Packages
Ticketmaster.nl is auctioning off VIP-tickets for two (RED) Zone areas, adjacent to the U2360 stage. A similar deal is in place for the Gothenburg, Sweden show. The packages include:
– Special VIP entrance and greeting by (RED) Zone Hosts
– High profile General Admission areas on the field adjacent to the stage runway
– Built-in seating for pre-show comfort
– Access to special concession and merchandise stand
– As a special bonus, the top 10 highest winning ticket bids for each show will also receive a pre-show backstage tour of this highly anticipated, revolutionary product design.
(RED) Zone Packages are only available by Auction on ticketservice.nl. All non-ticket elements provided by Live Nation. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to support (RED) and the Global Fund to fight AIDS in Africa. The auction starting bid is: € 95,- You must raise your bid by at least € 5,-
It’s all in the name of charity and, as Bono said: “Rich people have feelings too”.