Footage shot behind the scenes at Ben Baker’s photo shoot of the members of the (RED) board, for the Fortune 500 issue. Watch the video.
Bono and The Edge were in San Jose, California, today to help Apple announce:
- A special 20GB black U2 iPod that will retail for $349US featuring all four band members’ signatures.
- A digital box set of all of U2’s albums as well as over 25 rare and unreleased tracks. The box set will retail for $149US. U2.com says that those tracks will include material from Hasta La Vista, Baby! and Melon, the Propaganda-only fan club CDs. The total is said to be “over 400 tracks” — which is a lot more than just all the albums. Hopefully there’ll be more on this soon.
- The iTunes music store is now available in Austria, Belgium, Finland, Greece, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, and Spain, in addition to the UK, US, Germany and France. (No Ireland?)
- A iPod Photo for sharing your iPhoto library with friends and family who aren’t already sick of your photos. Price: $499US (40GB); $599US (60GB).
- Bono on CNBC, discussing the release: “Music and technology have always been neighbours. Today they moved into the same house.”